Poster Presentations- Junior Honors Seminar
Start Date: May 04, 2017 - 01:00pm
End Date: May 04, 2017 - 03:30pm
Location: SSCO 2069
Our junior honors students will be doing poster presentations of their thesis research. Please join us at any time during the class (1:00-3:30) to hear them give their five-minute talks, ask them questions, and give them constructive feedback that will be incorporated into their final thesis drafts.Undergraduates are welcome to come, especially freshmen and sophomores who might be interested in joining the departmental honors program in the future. There will be pizza and soda!
Here are some of their titles:
- The Declining Fourth Estate? How Trust in Media Institutions Affects Political Participation
- New Mexico Public School System: Demographics Resulting in Lower Grades and Decreased Student Opportunity
- The Effects of the Internet on Voter Turnout: Does the Online Community Enhance Civic Engagement among Americans?
- The Use of Child Soldiers: Why Do Some Conflict Groups Recruit?
- Accidentally Alone: Indirect Systemic Causes of Isolationist Sentiment in American Identity Politics